World Cup Finals are coming to China!
To support this exciting moment in Asia orienteering history, we will cooperate with MetOC to launch three days of exciting events (20–22 October 2019) !
The package includes METVIGATOR and Sprint/Middle Training Events and are available to groups of 3 people or more, or to any national orienteering federation:
- On or before 20 May 2019: €40 per person
- On or before 20 July 2019: €50 per person
- On or before 20 September 2019: €60 per person
- After 20 September 2019: €70 per person
- NOTE! Athletes in top 100 of sprint and/or middle/long distance foot-O World Ranking play METVIGATOR free. Thus they only pay €20 for the package.
Metvigator is a Forest x City long distance orienteering concept. The race focuses on trail running and simple orienteering technique. It’s suitable not only for seasoned orienteers but also for distance runners who want to try orienteering. The race is held on the Sunday before the World Cup Finals in Guangdong, China so you can combine your trip with this event. There are two distances: 30km and 15km, and you can join alone or as a team of two people.
- Date: 20 Oct 2019
- Time: 09:00-17:00
- Venue: Hong Kong Island (Event Centre: Central Harbourfront) (MTR: Admiralty Station)
- Distances: Full (30km), Half (15km)
- Categories: Solo (Women/Men), Duo (Women/Men/Mixed) (3 prizes each category)
- Normal SPORTident (no touch free function)
The two training events are designed to help national orienteering teams from around the world prepare for the World Cup Finals in China.
- 21 Oct 2019: Sprint, Fanling Wai (TBC)(MTR: Fanling Station)
- 22 Oct 2019: Middle distance, Black Hill (TBC)(MTR: Lam Tin Station)
- Categories: Women, Men (1 prize each)
- SPORTident (Normal, optional AIR+ with touch free function)
- €20 per person per event if booked separately (public price)